COVID-19 - Measures for the Safe Return of Spa Guests
We have followed the government COVID-19 guidelines and met the high standards required to be accredited the industry mark from the AA and Visit Britain.
We have taken the best advice to ensure everything is in place for a visit that will be as safe as it will be enjoyable, as some freedoms return whilst some safety measures remain.
The measures apply to guests and everybody working at the hotel.
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures, will be pleased to discuss them with you.
As per government guidelines and to facilitate your next visit to Hartwell House & Spa/Hartwell Spa, may we suggest that you download the NHS Covid-19 application on your mobile phone, ahead of your arrival.
All information and links can be found on https://www.covid19.nhs.uk
You will be required to ‘check-in’ using this option when you enter the Hall/the Spa.
Spa Members and Guests
- Spa members may use the Spa at any time by appointment, and member exclusively by appointment from 7.30am to 9.30am and from 6pm onwards, Hotel guests between 9.15am to 6pm, in all cases on a one in one out basis and by appointment for a visit of 1hr 30mins maximum duration.
- We are unable to accommodate a visit without a confirmed appointment, including for members.
- Currently, Spa members and guests over the age of 18 years only may use the Spa.
- Please complete and return a health questionnaire the day before your visit, including if there are changes in your circumstances or travel from abroad.
- There will be a necessary temperature check on your arrival and on each subsequent visit.
- Please use face coverings in hallways and public areas of the Spa.
- No handshakes, please!
- Please use the hand sanitiser available for use at strategic points.
- Please respect social distancing in the Spa.
- Please return locker keys to the key box at Spa Reception.
- Special cleaning and sanitisation of public areas and touch surfaces will take place by staff.
- Your account will be presented electronically and we are unable to accept cash.
Spa Services, Changing Rooms and Treatments
- The Sauna and Steam Room will be in operation allowing two people at one time, or guests from the same household (adults over the age of 18 years only).
- The Spa bath will be in operation, allowing two people in the spa bath at one time, or guests from the same household, with 15-minute sessions.
- The Gymnasium will be booked by appointment, allowing two people only, or more from a single household, to use it for maximum 1 hour.
- Please respect social distancing at the Spa Reception, in the changing rooms, poolside and on the sun terrace.
- The Hartwell Cafe will remain closed until further notice.
- A treatment selection is available, and is shown on the Spa treatment page of our website.
Spa Visitor Health
- The health and safety of all our visitors are our main concern.
- Please bring with you the health questionnaire in advance of your visit.
- Please do not visit the spa/hotel, even if you have a booking, if you feel in any way unwell.
- If taken ill at the Spa, spa visitors should depart, hotel guests return to their room, self-isolate and contact hotel management. If it is necessary for guests to return home, any balance of your reservation will be refunded.
- Please wash hands and sanitise regularly. Hand-washing by guest and therapist will be a part of any reserved treatment.
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures, will be pleased to discuss them with you.For All Guests
Our Staff, Contractors and Suppliers are committed to guest safety, and:
- Staff will wear face masks in the treatment rooms.
- Will not attend if not well.
- Will wash hands frequently.
- Will sanitise hands frequently.
- Will use PPE as directed. Therapists will wear visors in all treatments.
- Will practise social distancing.
- Will attend site only when expected in advance.
- Will complete a questionnaire pre-arrival on request, and undertake any health check requested.
- Suppliers will not enter building unless agreed.
- Suppliers will not use lavatories on the premises.