COVID-19 - Measures for the Safe Return of Spa Guests
We have followed the government COVID-19 guidelines and met the high standards required to be accredited the industry mark from the AA and Visit Britain.
We have taken the best advice to ensure everything is in place for a visit that will be as safe as it will be comfortable and enjoyable.
May we please ask you provide proof of a negative lateral flow test taken prior to your arrival. This is for the safety of yourself and our colleagues. The measures apply to guests and everybody working at the Spa.
As per government guidelines and to facilitate your next visit to Hartwell House and Hartwell Spa, may we suggest that you download the NHS Covid-19 application on your mobile phone, ahead of your arrival.
All information and links can be found on https://www.covid19.nhs.uk
The spa and hotel management, responsible for Covid-19 measures will be pleased to discuss them with you.
The Spas of Historic House Hotels, Risk Assessment, Treatment Therapists, Covid Pandemic Considerations
- The company has a duty of care to clients undertaking treatments in the treatment rooms of the Spas, to the therapists undertaking those treatments, and to the colleagues of those therapists with whom they are working.
- As therapists and clients are working closely together in sealed rooms with limited ventilation, it is important that both therapists and clients should have registered negative on the day of treatment on a lateral flow test. Furthermore, because of risks that the company considers are otherwise involved, therapists undertaking treatments must be up-to-date with all vaccinations for which they are eligible.
Spa Members and Guests
- A temperature check will be taken on arrival.
- Face masks are to be worn in the Spa reception, public areas and corridors. Due to close contact, guests are asked to wear face coverings during spa treatments.
- Proof of a negative lateral flow test for each guest is to be sent by email or text message in advance of arrival.
- No handshakes, please!
- Hand sanitiser is available for use at strategic points.
- Please respect social distancing in the Spa.
- Special cleaning and sanitisation of public areas and touch surfaces will take place by staff.
- Your account will be presented electronically and card payments are preferred.
Spa Services, Changing Rooms and Treatments
- Treatment rooms will be specially sanitised, alternating use and ventilating when not occupied;
- The Sauna and Steam Room are out of use due to Covid considerations;
- The Club room, changing rooms and gymnasium will be well ventilated;
- Number of guests using the changing room will be limited to 4 persons or 1 household at a time;
- Hair dryers will not be available for use due to Covid considerations;
- The Spa bath will be in operation, allowing one person in the spa bath at one time, or guests from the same household, with 15-minute sessions;
- The Gymnasium will allow one person only, or guests from the same household, to use it for maximum 1 hour, by appointment in advance;
- Please respect social distancing at the Spa Reception, in the changing rooms, and poolside;
- The fitness instructor will not be available during this time;
- Children aged 6+ years may use the swimming pool at specified times: Hotel guests' children every day from 9am to 10am and from 4pm to 5pm; We are currently not welcoming children who are not hotel guests.
Spa Visitor Health
- A temperature check will be taken on arrival, and face coverings must be worn in public areas and corridors.
- If taken ill at the Spa, spa visitors should depart, hotel guests return to their room, self-isolate and contact hotel management. If it is necessary for guests to return home, any balance of your reservation will be refunded.
- Please wash hands and sanitise regularly.
- Hand-washing by guest and therapist will be a part of every treatment.
- Water fountain/jugs are out of use - please bring your own water bottle.
Our Staff, Contractors and Suppliers are committed to guest safety, and:
- Staff will wear face masks and visors.
- Staff will take daily Covid-19 lateral flow tests.
- Will not attend if unwell.
- Will wash hands frequently.
- Will sanitise hands frequently.
- Will practise social distancing.
- Will attend site only when expected in advance.
- Suppliers will not enter building unless agreed.
- Suppliers will not use lavatories on the premises.